West Benhar, Lanarkshire born centre half Billy Morrison began his football career with East Lanarkshire in 1898, and he also played for West Calder Swifts from 1899 before joining Scottish League St Bernard’s in 1902. After 2 years in Edinburgh he moved south to join Southern League Fulham in May 1904. He won the Southern League Championship with Fulham in successive seasons (1905-06 and 1906-07), before their elevation to The Second Division, when he played in their inaugural Football League fixture against Hull City in September 1907.
After 2 goals in 37 appearances in their League era, he joined Glossop in September 1908 and played 2 seasons for The Hillmen, scoring twice in 75 appearances before returning to Scotland in 1910 to join Clyde. In 1912 he joined Raith Rovers, for whom he played in the 1913 Scottish Cup Final which was lost 2-0 to Falkirk, and he had a loan spell back at St Bernard’s in 1915 before joining Morton later the same year. He ended his career at Falkirk, whom he joined in 1919.